The Data Engineer will be responsible for building, growing and optimizing our data architecture. This leader will be responsible for ensuring that the client's core data reporting systems are meeting the needs of the business. This team will have a central role in strategy, requirements definition and prioritization for Data Ingestion, Data Accessibility, and Business Intelligence.
- Build and maintain large scale data structures and pipelines to organize data for new and existing projects and data products
- Build scalable infrastructure required for optimal ETL/ELT of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, Python, and AWS technologies
- Monitor and optimize data delivery and develop tools for real-time and offline analytics as well as recommend ways to constantly improve data quality and reliability
- Participate in the assessment, selection, and integration processes of our big data platform required to satisfy business needs ensuring that all systems meet business objectives
- Design, construct and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with business intelligence analysts to appropriately use data structures.
- Support agile project management processes in a rigorous, results driven environment
- Collaborate in cross-divisional planning, develop accurate work level assessments and timelines, and help translate product/feature needs into delivery plans
- Partner with other data engineers and developers to insure data and event tracking specifications, review certified and ad hoc SQL and query optimization
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of experience building scalable applications using Python, SQL and AWS cloud services
- In depth experience with Snowflake for processing, data modeling and data mart creation
- Experience with AWS tech stack (Redshift, Athena, Glue); pulling data from different sources, maintaining history of it, and creating a semantic layer for the data
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge for data quality and validation
- Experience with real-time (RT) or near real-time (NRT) streaming data
- In depth knowledge of cloud database architectures, schema development and data modeling with tools including Snowflake, Redshift and/or MongoDB
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Experience with clickstream or user behavior data
- Knowledge of analytic tagging management solutions and mobile tracking platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, Adjust, Appsflyer or Tune, etc.
- Prior business intelligence experience (working on or with BI teams to provide analytics)
- Background on a high impact, high visibility team in relevant streaming industry (Amazon, Hulu, Disney, etc.)
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.