An employer is looking for a REMOTE Network Operations Engineer to join their team. This person will be expected to drive teamwork and collaboration across the organization. They will be joining an agile, growing company, and may be asked to assist with other projects for the company in addition to their regular responsibilities. This person will be the Tier 2/Tier 3 escalation point for anything the Service Desk cannot manage. They will support day-to-day operations, including, but not limited to, responding to operational network issues, deploying new infrastructure, and continually improving network reliability and security. Additionally, they will assist in architecting, deploying, administering, and monitoring network infrastructure; Firewalls, Routers and Modems, Switched, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS and IPS), and Virtual Networking (ESXi/VMWare, Azure preferred). They will support, plan, and implement security patching for network infrastructure; design, test, implement, and maintain automation and orchestration toolsets for network infrastructure management and monitoring. This person will assist in team building, defining documenting processes, and procedures. They should be a team player, flexible, and willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Operations Engineer, Network Engineer, or related role
- Experience supporting Firewall Platforms: Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco ASA
- Experience with Windows Systems Security and Administration
- Experience with virtual networking (VMWare, AWS, Azure), preferably Azure
- Experience with VPN remote access solutions (Global Protect, FortiClient, and AnyConnect preferred)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, IPsec, and NAT
- Working knowledge of ITIL service-level processes
- Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation (typically 1 week per month)
- Experience with SCADA and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) (power and energy experience preferred)
- Working experience with ICS/OT
- Working experience with Ansible, Terraform, AAD, and/or Okta
- Preferred Certifications: Palo Alto (e.g., PCNSA, PCNSE, PCSAE, PCCET), Cisco (e.g., CCNA, CCDA), Microsoft Windows / Azure (e.g., MCP, MCSE, MCITP), VMware (e.g., VCP-DCV), CompTIA (e.g., Security+), SANS/GIAC (e.g., GICSP, GRID, GCIP), CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA certifications preferred
- Bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.