Approved Meta Remote Locations: Baltimore MD 96.10 Boston MA 103.25 Houston TX 96.10 Los Angeles CA 103.25 and San Diego CA 96.10. Coordinate projects making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
This project manager will own multiple initiatives rolling into an overall program focused on the revenue accounting close optimization and automation. As part of this the project manager will own relationships with key stakeholders regularly engage with project SMEs from accounting teams engineers from product teams and other cross-functional teams to enable timely delivery of key initiatives. This project manager will eventually oversee this program and lead check-in meetings with all participants on a monthly basis and advise on program strategy moving forward as part of the roadmap creation for next year. A project manager with experience with financial accounting systems and the revenue accounting space is strongly preferred.
The main function of a finance project manager is to plan direct or coordinate activities by partnering with accounting engineering and other cross-functional teams to successfully identify design implement and test various financial initiatives.
Present and explain proposals reports and findings to clients.
Recruit employees assign direct and evaluate their work and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Analyze technology resource needs and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
Confer with management production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
Direct review and approve product designs and changes.
Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
Verbal and written communication skills problem solving skills attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to work independently and manage ones time.
Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
Strong knowledge of production processes quality control costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning resource allocation and production methods.
Strong knowledge of computer software such as MS Word MS PowerPoint MS Project Visio etc.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
PMI or PMP certification preferred.
*** Important Notes ***
- Working with the CWAM is supporting the CLOSE PLATFORM project to create a more effective Close Tool for accounting. Will work with other CW's and teams.
- This PM will work with the revenue accounting team and play a SME type role with them. The goal is to automate the accounting close process and will be supporting the Revenue Line Item part. Will manage all goals and projects within Revenue accounting for this process and on average will have about 11 initiatives to focus on.
- Must have understanding of Revenue accounting!!! This will be a disqualifier if they do not. This role has a lot of focus on this topic and their conversations on the daily will include the need to understand this subject already. Must have the ability to provide project solutions.
- Manual work involved: Updating systems roadmaps project timelines
- Ideal profile: Think someone who has the ability to PM utilize PM Tools asana but comes from a finance/accounting background such as working on similar projects. Revenue accounting ability is the non-negotiable skill here though.
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.