Insight Global's University client is implementing a new service of endpoint management with desktop support, called Technology Lifecycle Care (TLC). Implementing this service will increase the University's security posture, reduce risk, increase operational efficiencies while providing world class support to campus. This project will ultimately affect multiple areas of campus: staff, faculty, and student employees. It will address several strategic goals including management and increased security of individual use University owned devices.
The Project Manager will be responsible for facilitating the rollout of the TLC service to campus. This includes ensuring an implementation plan is developed and executed to ensure that the service is delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget This will include managing a timeline for the project, key deliverables as they relate to the project goals and final implementation with minimal downtime for end users. The Project Manager will meet with unit staff (IT, business managers and users), create project plans, prepare timelines, monitor progress via key metrics, coordinate communication, and keep stakeholders informed. They will be supported by an overall service owner as well as technical experts and support analysts.
* Clear and frequent communication with project participants, stakeholders, and campus staff
* Define project scope, objectives and deliverables
* Forecast resource needed to reach objectives
* Prepare timelines based on scope of work and resource requirements
* Develop and manage detailed project schedules and project plans
* Maintain and track Issues, Risks and Decision logs
* Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
* Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
* Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
* Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
* Experience with a Unified Endpoint Management solution, preferable VMWare Workspace ONE.
* Minimum of five years of IT transformation project experience (migrations, consolidations, virtualization, etc.)
* Experience with large scale change management
* Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
* Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
* Proficient in working in the full Microsoft Office suite, including Teams and SharePoint
* Active Directory migration project experience preferred
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
* VMWare Workspace One experience