An Insight Global client in the Financial Services industry is seeking a highly motivated Big Data Engineer to remotely join the team in their Phoenix, AZ office. As a Big Data Engineer, you will be joining a team that's mainly focused on modernizing their current enterprise platforms within the Enterprise Financial Data space.
* Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate.
* Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
* Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
* Data modeling and data architecture experience will be an advantage.
* Ability to effectively collaborate with Finance SMEs and partners of all levels to understand their business processes and take overall ownership of Analysis, Design, Estimation and Delivery of technical solutions for Finance business requirements and roadmaps.
* Extensive experiencing in application, integration, system, and regression testing, including demonstration of automation and other CI/CD efforts.
* Experience with version control software like git and CI/CD testing/automation experience.
* Deals well with ambiguous/under-defined problems; Ability to think abstractly.
* Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential, including substantiated ability to innovate and take pride in quickly deploying working software.
* Ability to get results with an emphasis on reducing time to insights and increased efficiency in delivering new Finance product capabilities into the hands of Finance constituents.
* Focuses on the Customer and Client with effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment.
* Communicates Effectively: Verbally and in writing, including effective presentation skills.
* Strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution.
* Delivering business value using creative and effective approaches.
* Possesses strong business knowledge about the Finance organization, including industry standard methodologies.
8+ years of experience within Big Data platforms -- application design and software development
o Strong experience within one or more Big Data platforms (Hadoop/Spark/HIVE/NoSQL & SQL Databases)
Expertise in Big Data querying tools such as Pig, HIVE, Spark, and Impala
Advanced working SQL knowledge and strong experience working with relational databases
Experience in analytical languages (Python or the equivalent) and knowledge about machine learning techniques
Analyzing and building dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau using accelerator database Jethro.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
Strong programming knowledge within Java