The QA Tester provides testing services that mitigate the risk of software defects and increase the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our client's software solutions. The position is responsible for the end to end quality of projects and services within the Company's Application Portfolios. The QA Tester creates, executes, and plans manual testing and runs automated tests on complex web and mobile applications, services, and other business technologies. The QA Tester supports the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases. Responsibilities include:
* Assists in the design, development, and implementation of project test strategies, test plans, defect tracking, and status reporting in an Agile software delivery model environment, using a risk-based testing approach.
* Creates regression test documentation for team.
* Uses existing n tools and automation to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
* Responsible for all aspects of quality within the software development team and adherence to organization's Software Quality Assurance Guidelines and Standards
* Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
* Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
* Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
* Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
* Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
* Executes end to end test scenarios.
* Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans when applicable.
* Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
* Demonstrates the ability to grow knowledge of the software under test and any other software related to it.
* Assists Quality Assurance Test Center of Excellence with annual roadmap initiatives when needed.
* Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
* Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
* Records and reports on testing metrics.
* Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Skills & Experience
* 3+ years in QA Analyst, Testing, or Engineering experience with a mix of manual and automation testing specifically with Cypress.
* Experience executing test automation through continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Bamboo preferred.
* Experience with software testing tasks including regression, functional, unit, and integration.
* Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's using tools such as Postman.
* Prior experience with web application and mobile testing, web services/API testing, and writing SQL queries.