Day to Day
This position will be the start of a brand new organization for GeBBs Healthcare Solutions. They are looking to separate the coding teams and the auditing teams. This individual will oversee the entire auditing division and all the organizations' auditors. In cooperation with GeBBs Business Excellence department, manages QA auditors to monitor US coder quality metrics, maintain quality scoring to include both all stateside HIM service lines including Professional Fee, Facility, Inpatient and Outpatient and coding and Audit. You will assist in developing and maintaining coding and abstracting policies, procedures and guidelines. Provide input as requested regarding budgeting, expense management, quality, and departmental regulatory compliance. You will Interact with clients' compliance leaders as the stateside quality compliance advocate. You will also develop client specific quality review protocols for QA needed for strategic clients, clients with various specialties/unique projects to ensure GeBBS QA reviews and consistent with client's internal assessment of our quality. Analyze contracts to ensure compliance to all quality related SLAs, and SLA performance against targets is tracked. Most importantly, you will be managing a large team of 30-40 auditors. It will be your job to make sure the unit operates as a cohesive team and follows standard practices and company wide procedures. Finally, this will be a remote role. You must be comfortable working in a remote setting, and most importantly, managing people in a remote setting.
* At least five years' experience with medical coding quality/audit management.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9/10 CM/PCS, EM, and CPT-4 coding guidelines and methodologies.
* Strongly adheres to AHIMA's Standards of Ethical Coding; AHIMA's Code of Ethics; AHIMA's Ethical Standards for CDI Professionals, ACDIS' Code of Ethics, and the AAPC's Code of Ethics.
* Strong people management skills to include hiring, development and performance management.
* Must have strong financial acumen skills and an awareness of how to manage projects profitably.
* AAPC or AHIMA medical coding certification required.
* Strong project management, verbal and written communication, customer service and analytical skills.
* Possess strong leadership qualities of integrity, the ability to motivate others and the ability to promote quality. Including the ability to manage a large team that sits fully remote