A client in the finance industry is looking for an Application Support Engineer, with a focus on Java and Python. This person will work independently to support the fraud tools for the fraud team by developing and maintaining Java and Python applications on Linux/Unix stations. In addition to developing and support of the applications, the developer will also be migrating the tool code to the corporate standard code control tools: Bitbucket, Bamboo (experience with Jenkins, Mavin, etc. are acceptable as transferrable skills). This team is part of the Cybersecurity Organization so it is a huge plus if this person has experience in the Cybersecurity field, but is not a must. This client is looking for a Sr. level individual who can work alone (once up to speed) to support this customer. It is crucial this individual know how to document their work and do so thoroughly.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides internal customers with subject matter expertise, consultation and escalation support
- Working within the SQL database, write SQL queries, and overall support the SQL database back end
- Walk through the code and seek to understand what the application is doing to fix it when needed
- Align with the primary internal user and ensure that the applications remain running and delivering the capability they were designed for
- Document work done and update current documentations
- Assist in automating processes
- resolve issues in these 3 ways: using incident remedy program, 2-3 daily health checks, or communicating with manager for direction
- Attend regular team meetings and meetings with the internal customer
- 6+ years' experience as Java programmer.
- 3+ years' experience with Bash
- 3+ years Python programming/scripting experience.
- Experience with API calls (prefers REST)
- Experience with application SQL DB support and integration.
- Experience with support and development of applications on the Linux OS.
- Experience with corporate standard code control tools: Bitbucket, Bamboo (experience with Jenkins, Mavin, etc. are acceptable as transferrable skills)
- Able to work independently and support a customer while thoroughly documenting work
- Strong written/verbal communication
-Education within the cybersecurity field
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.